Immediate Opening for Staff Position: Sponsorship Sales Manager
Chamber Staff Position Opening
Issaquah Chamber Seeking Sponsorship Sales Manager to lead Sponsor/Revenue Development Programs
The Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce is seeking to fill a Sponsorship Sales Manager position to support the organization’s sponsorship-based events and programs, including the award-winning Issaquah Salmon Days Festival and other Chamber programs and events. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in a performance-based sales and marketing environment (preferably with corporate and media sponsors, fundraising/donor cultivation or festival/events/non-profit organization sponsorships) with a demonstrated ability to produce results and identify new revenue opportunities. Public relations, promotions and community outreach experienced also a plus.
The successful candidate will be a part of the Chamber’s Staff/Board/Committee team working to make the Issaquah Chamber a leading west-coast business resource/advocacy organization, continuing the excellence of the Salmon Days Festival program, and supporting the growth of the Issaquah community’s tourism, festivals and special events portfolio. Candidates must possess strong leadership and teamwork skills, have a results-oriented work ethic, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and thrive in a fun, fast paced and change-oriented environment. The ideal candidate must also be proficient with Microsoft Office programs. The position includes standard benefits (health, dental, 401k, vacation/sick time in accordance with Employee Manual). Salary is base of approximately $40,000-$50,000 plus bonus/commission program, depending on experience. Full job description available below. Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position available until filled. Priority consideration will be given to those who submit cover letter/resume by Wednesday, July 18th.
Position: Sponsorship Sales Manager
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Supervision by Director of Festivals
Salary: DOE (Estimated base of $40,000-$50,000 plus bonus/commission)
Benefits: As Defined in Chamber Employee Manual
A significant aspect of the Chamber business is the putting on of sponsored activities such as Salmon Days, Downhome 4th of July Parade and Heritage Day, Chocolate, Wine and All that Jazz among other events and programs. Sponsors provide funding for the events and for the business activities of the Chamber. The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for coordinating the sponsorship of these various events, including all aspects of sponsor recruitment, management and fulfillment.
Summary of Areas of Responsibility
1. Proactively market the organization’s sponsorship opportunities to media, in-kind and cash sponsors for various festivals/events including: the Salmon Days Festival, “Chocolate, Wine and All that Jazz”, “Down Home 4th of July,” Chairman’s Circle Memberships, Membership Luncheons, special event sponsorships and other events/programs as developed and assigned.
2. Using professional judgment on all aspects of the sponsor management process, ensure proper contracting, invoicing, tracking and contract fulfillment for all sponsors to support organizational revenue objectives.
3. Work closely with other staff, committees, and volunteers to support event production needs to match sponsor deliverables including booth placement, project development/implementation, media placement, etc.
4. Using discretion afforded to the position, maintain effective year-round communication to existing sponsors to ensure a high level of sponsor satisfaction and retention. Develop and implement creative systems to build sponsor loyalty.
5. Work to position the Chamber and its various sponsorship opportunities as a competitive venue for access to the greater Issaquah/Sammamish and eastside marketplace for current and potential sponsorship dollars.
6. Actively support the organization’s various programs including strategic planning, event development, membership program development, etc.
• Demonstrated success in a sales environment requiring high public visibility, creativity, and networking
• Ability to generate sponsorship prospects through creative networking and prospecting
• Ability to work effectively with marketing managers within small, medium and large businesses to identify promotional needs, position organization’s inventory successfully, and execute contracts.
• Ability to maintain strong and beneficial relationships with a range of existing and potential sponsors, business leaders, volunteers, etc.
• A background in marketing, public relations, sponsor or donor management a plus.
• General characteristics of a successful employee in this position include: positive attitude, commitment to organizational and personal excellence, strong work ethic, ability to thrive in a change-oriented environment, ability to work well in a team, strong communication skills, ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously; strong writing skills; ability identify creative solutions.
Sponsorship Sales, Contract Fulfillment & Sponsor Loyalty Support
• Maintain and expand active prospect list of potential cash, in-kind and media sponsors.
• Actively seek to identify prospective sponsorship opportunities through high public visibility, networking and relations with staff members, community organizations, etc.
• Negotiate sponsor contracts to provide high-value exposure opportunities to local businesses.
• Reach or exceed revenue and media sponsorship objectives as developed by Director of Festivals and CEO
• Ensure proper contracting, invoicing, and tracking of sponsorship agreements including appropriate paperwork, collaboration with chamber accountant, etc.
• Ensure proper fulfillment and follow-up of sponsorship deliverables
• Develop post-event sponsorship follow-ups to help communicate value of sponsorship
• Ensure staff members and other appropriate stakeholders are aware of sponsorship inventory; develop a culture of shared communication about sponsorship opportunities, needs and goals.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Support event logo/theme development work for various festivals/events including appropriate media/program/website placement. Work with graphic designer to ensure proper placement in all media/collateral pieces.
• Support organization’s marketing, branding and public relations initiatives to help increase value of sponsorships
• Work collaboratively with CEO and Director of Events and Communications on public relations functions including press releases, blog posts, social media content and other items as assigned
• Support Chamber and event print collateral/program including content generation, editing, proofing, etc.
• Research and maintain festival/event listings in event and tourism websites, guides and publications
• Create a photo “shot list” for visual record of events, elements and sponsors.
• Provide timely updates to appropriate websites to ensure placement of updated/fresh content
• Work collaboratively with Director of Membership Development and other staff members to identify new revenue stream opportunities within chamber tiered dues programs, new event opportunities, new programs, etc. Identify and develop cross-functional sponsorship opportunities.
• Develop organization-wide sales campaigns for sponsorships, advertising and other revenue opportunities. Work to mobilize staff and volunteer resources to reach revenue objectives.
• Identify unique methods to drive member and sponsor loyalty and multi-year contracts.
• Consistently monitor industry trends, other events and other organizations to identify new revenue opportunities and development of continuous improvement philosophy.
• Draft various grant requests applications, as you deem appropriate or as directed by Director of Festivals, to expand the funding of existing and potential festivals, events and programs.
• As you deem appropriate for enhancing the public relations and image of the festivals/events, draft awards submissions for various regional/international awards and recognition programs.
• Various event production duties as assigned.
Other Duties as Assigned
Added on 07/10/2012by Blog
|Click to register|
|Posts by Category|
|Bulletins and Alerts
Latest News & Events
New Board Member
New Chamber Members
|View By Author|
« Show All