WIN AN OPPORTUNITY TO MEET FORMER NASA ASTRONAUT DOROTHY METCALF-LINDENBURGER: ESSAY CONTEST
Your mission is to write an essay and explain why you would like to hear NASA Mission Specialist Dorothy Metcalf-Lindenburger speak on April 28th, 2022. In the essay you will answer the following questions:
· What would you like to learn from Ms. Metcalf-Lindenburger?
· What does space exploration mean to you and for your future?
WHO CAN ENTER?
Any student currently enrolled in 6th through 12th grade and attending school or home schooled in the following districts: Snoqualmie Valley, Issaquah, Lake Washington, Mercer Island, and Renton School Districts.
Your submission must include:
· Your name, name of your school, an email address, and phone number.
· An essay answering the above-mentioned questions.
· Essay must be a minimum of 250 words and not more than 400 words.
· Limit one entry per student.
· All submissions must be 100% created by you.
· All essays need to be submitted by the deadline through this link.
· LAUNCH DATE: Jan. 31st
· ENTRIES CLOSE: March 6th
· WINNERS ANNOUNCED: April 4th
· REGIONAL BUSINESS SUMMIT: April 28th
· 40% for question one
· 40% for question two
· 10% for grammar and punctuation
· 10% for title of the essay
RULES AND INFORMATION
Students with the top three scores from the High School category and the top three scores from the Middle School category will be invited to attend the Regional Business Summit on April 28th from 9:30am to 11:00am to meet Keynote Speaker Dorothy Metcalf-Lindenburger and hear her amazing story.
Regional Business Summit will be held at the Club at Snoqualmie Ridge. Winners to provide their own transportation. Winners can have one adult accompany them.
For questions and alternative submission options, please contact info@IssquahChamber.com or call 425-392-7024.
The decision of the Greater Issaquah Chamber of Commerce and their partners is final.